Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Changing Face of Wine

I recently bought a bottle of at the supermarket, and like many people, as I hadn't tried this wine before, I bought it purely because of the cool bottle which is sleek, seductive and sexy. The wine was Voga Italia Pinot Grigio, and it did, in fact, turn out to be pretty good.

Pinot Grigio is a popular white wine produced in Northern which is often very light and crisp. Voga Italia have combined the two regions of Veneto with Trentino to create what they believe is the perfect Pinot Grigio. Its taste is described as full and rich with fresh aromas of ripe apples and pears. I drank it chilled (the suggested perfect temperature for this wine is 46 - 50° F) with spicy , and it also pairs well with seafood.

Like the very popular Yellow Tail wines, that started out with only two wines - one red and one white (I believe they have many more now), Voga Italia also has just two wines, the white Pinot Grigio and a red wine called Quattro. I have not tried the , but as it is a fusion of four varietals - Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet and Pinot Noir, I am definitely going to as we are, after all, a fusion website (well, that's my excuse). It is described as smooth and velvety with rich, ripe berries and spicy overtones, so that sounds good.

But forget all that, if you have guests to dinner, they are going to love the bottles! The bottle is not unlike that of Voss Water - ultra-modern, sleek and elegant with Scandinavian minimalism. Talking of minimalism, I bought my wine at a local supermarket for only $8.99, so like the Yellow Tail people, I think Voga Italia are appealing to people who maybe wouldn't normally drink wine, and also trying to dispel the myth that good wine has to be expensive. I will certainly be testing this wine out on my dinner guests, and even if you're not a wine drinker, it's worth checking out the Voga Italia website which is also sleek, seductive and sexy and looks like a cross between an exclusive nightclub and Victoria's Secret!

No comments: